Jan 18, 2012

Simple Valentine's Mantel

In case you haven't notice, we are just shy of one month 'til Valentine's Day. I love Valentine's Day and all the sappy sweetness! I just think it gives me a good excuse to do extra fun and lovey things for my favorites boys and hubby.

Unfortunately, this year we are trying to get our house in tip top shape so we can try to sell it in March. So I am having to scale back this year on decorations and parties (no annual pizza party this year and I am already sad about it!). So, I decided to put up a simple mantel to bring a little color and festivity into the living room. So, here it is...



My garbage find shutter is still up (and I still love them!) and I strung heart doilies across the corner. I got the hearts from the dollar store last year and I am not sure if they have them this year. I made the wreath last year as well. I wrapped a foam wreath, also from the dollar store, with scrap fabric and tied a red ribbon at the top. I folded and hot glued cupcake liners onto the side of the wreath. Then I glued hearts (also from...the dollar store!) to add some heart pizzazz.





See, simple and pretty! Do you have a Valentine's mantel to share? If so, put the link in the comments because I would LOVE to see it!

Please be a fan of lil Mop Top on facebook!! I link up to these parties!

1 comment:

  1. Simple and sweet--I love it! This is perfect for Valentine's Day. I'm seriously jealous of your shutter. I've been dying to find one--guess I need to start going through the garbage bins! Ha. THanks for sharing at Oopsey Daisy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)