Jun 6, 2011

Upgraded {NO SEW} Library Tote!

I have had 'library tote' on my To Do list FOREVER!! I finally got around to it last week. John John was at Nana's and Matty B was asleep for his morning nap so I figured I might as well be productive. Sure, I could have cleaned the house for those precious 30 minutes, but that is SO BORING! Plus my mom had just bought me (and my sisters) a cricut at a garage sale so I really wanted to put it to good use. I bought Sure Cuts A Lot and I am so glad I did! It made this project SUPER easy!

So, let's get to it! I took this ugly bag I got when I was preggo with John (baby AND a free bag?!? AWESOME!).



And I transformed it to this.



(and in real life, the straps coordinate much better with the applique. I promise!)

Here is how I did it just a couple easy steps; no sewing involved!
1. Cut rectangular piece of background material. (I cut two pieces because I put the monogram on both sides of the bag since the cord bank logo was on both sides.) Add fusing to back and then iron onto bag. I used Heat N Bond. (follow directions on package for fusing!)





2. Cut a rectangle of the monogram material and iron fusing material to back. Use your fabulous new cricut and SCAL to cut out the letters of the monogram.





3. Iron the letters onto your bag.




4. Use bag in public proudly instead of keeping it hidden in your stroller storage basket at all times.



See, wasn't that easy? I hardly ever do projects for myself so I am extremely excited to have my own little personalized bag!

...and big thanks to my mom for buying us this cricut! Isn't she the sweetest???



I link up to these parties!

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is great! So good that you finally got a round tuit!!

    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use the Cricut to cut fabric?! Why did I not know this? So you just have to put the iron fusing material on first, then run it through the Cricut?! I am going to have to try this... tonight!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Kelly

    PS- I am hosting a giveaway on my blog right now for free hair accessories and would love for you to stop by and enter!

    http://livingcraftilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2011/06/giveaway-my-so-cal-creations.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you from Sugar Bee Crafts. Love it! You can't have too many bags. :) Would love to have you link up to my link party going on right now on my blog. :)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to cover it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)