Nov 30, 2010

Birthday Activities - Tot School

So I know I haven't been posting much for tot school and that is because I kind of have been slacking in that area. Oops! It doesn't help when I read other people's blogs and they do all these awesome things every day and it makes me feel like I am doing a crappy job with John. But then I have to realize I am doing the best I can and I am not trying to homeschool the little kiddo! I am just trying to do activities with him so he has some fun things to do while trying to teach him some basics before going to pre-school. So I decided I am not going to stress out about it and I am going to try to focus on just doing two days a week of tot school stuff rather than 4 days a week. I think that might be more manageable for me right now!

Now, let's get back to the actual purpose of this post! John's birthday is this week. My little baby is turning two! Holy canoli- where did the time go??? So here are a couple things I threw together for this week's tot school. Feel free to save a copy and use how you want!

Uses for Cake Numbers:
1. Put the numbers in order.
2. Match the numbers with our set of magnetic numbers.
3. Count out birthday candles and match to the correct cake card.



Cake Sizes- Cut out and have child put in order from biggest to smallest.




Balloon Matching Activity
1. Cut out each balloon and string. (Laminte if possible!)
2. Hang the balloons on the wall.
3. Have child tape the string to the matching balloon.
4. Once matches are complete, child can find an object(s) around the house that matches the color of the balloon.




I link up to these parties!



2 comments:

  1. Jen- Thanks SO much for these printables. Elle's Birthday is very soon! These will be so much fun. By the way, I feel that way (about seeing all the fabulous blogs) at times too, but you are an excellent Mom and doing a great job. We are all doing the best we can and some months/weeks/days are easier than others and we are able to fit more in. Take care, Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling!! I am a little underwhelmed with Mommy School, too.... or maybe I'm just too into the holiday season right now?! You do a fabulous job, and I always love what you do!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! They make my day when I read them!...unless you are being mean, then they don't make my day. :)